Here at the offices of Dr. Moeiz Koshki, you already know we’re dedicate to patient comfort and superior care. Maybe that’s because we geniuely find teeth so important and fascinating! A lot of us already know the basics. Teeth are bones, they help us chew, we should brush them, but there’s a lot more to your mouth than that! Some of it may surprise you…
1) More than 75% of American suffer from gum disease. That’s 3 out of every 4. And that’s not good. Clearly, we all have a lot of work to do. Luckily most cases can be corrected by proper care from your dentist.
2) The plaque on your teeth has more than 300 species of bacteria. That’s a lot of reasons to brush.
3) Tooth enamle is the hardest substance in the entire body. But you still have to take care of it!
4) Replace your toothbrush at least every three months. The older it gets, the more bacteria it holds.
5) You should place your toothbrush at least 6 feet away from the toilet to prevent particles from the flush making it to your brush!
Make sure you keep your teeth and you gums happy, and if you ever need treatment, be sure to seek the expert care offered here by our very own Dr. Koshki!